Monday, December 01, 2008

Buday reading tomorrow night in Victoria (Thursday night in Vancouver)



Grant Buday will be launching his novel Dragonflies tomorrow evening at the Cornerstone Cafe, 1301 Gladstone Ave. Victoria, at 7 pm. Also on the bill, A. S. Penne, author of Reckoning, Samantha Warwick, author of Sage Island, and Craig Boyko, the author of Blackouts. It'll be a night of fine fiction.

Grant will be launching December 4th in Vancouver at Cafe Montmartre on Main Street as well. 6:30 to 8:30, with Michele Adams, author of Bright Objects of Desire, and long-time Grant Buday fan, stepping in to be the official press representative and emcee. For which I heartily thank her.

Grant's novel is a stellar one, perhaps the best novel we've published here at Biblioasis. Stephen Henighan wrote to me about it in a note this weekend, and I hope that he won't mind me quoting from him here: "I just finished Buday's Dragonflies. I really enjoyed it. As you know, I often feel too many historical novels are published in this country, but this one is original enough and human enough to count as art. I think it's one of the best books you've published."

Stephen also told me that the Literary Review of Canada has it included in their best of the year list. I haven't been able to confirm that, but t'is a deserving book, and really does deserve a wide audience. So for any in Victoria or Vancouver when he's reading, please head on down and lend him an ear. For the rest of you, it should be at the closest bookstore worth its salt right now.

No comments: