Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Art of Proofing



Over at her blog Rose Coloured, Rebecca Rosenblum has some interesting thoughts on proofing her upcoming collection, ONCE.

I am now in possession of the final page proofs of Once, along with an absurdly lovely Advanced Reading Copy. I was really thrilled to get this stuff, waiting to see what the copy-edit looked like and HOLD A BOUND BOOK IN MY HANDS, and yet as soon as it arrived, I felt a strange sensation of doom.

Why? The pages are gorgeous, the copy-edit thorough and sensitive. As someone who has worked for several years in book production, I not only knew ahead of time what to expect, I have made several resolutions over the years as to how I would behave.

Her whole post can be found here:

rebecca-rosenblum.blogspot.com/2008/07/proof-of-art.html

No comments: