Friday, April 11, 2008

Nuptials

Two Biblioasis authors -- Zachariah Wells and Rachel Lebowitz -- are tying the knot this weekend. Congratulations! For any of you out there who are attending, please take plenty of photographs. I hear Z cuts a mean figure on the dance floor. There are those, of course, that think he cuts a mean figure most of the time, though anyone who knows him can vouch that this is simply not so: he's as generous a soul as I've met in this rather small world of Canned Letters, a poet and critic who longs to say yes, and needs it to mean something. He'll be both saying and meaning it this weekend, and I'm thrilled for him, for both of them. I haven't had the chance to get to know Rachael yet half-as-well, but I look forward to the time when I will.

So: best wishes to both of you! You'll both be in my thoughts this weekend. i'll look forward to listening to the audio record over at CLM later next week.

No comments: